We here at the Career Center believe that every cloud has a silver lining, that every thorn has its rose, and that every night has its dawn. The ongoing hardship that is the COVID-19 pandemic has brought its fair share of pain, but it has also allowed time for our staff to create video content that will be useful long after the pandemic is over.
In short, the East Baton Rouge Library Career Center now has a YouTube channel! Our new channel can be found at this address: https://www.careercenterbr.com/youtube. There will be new content up every Monday morning and Thursday afternoon.
Our offerings will include:
- Resumes and Cover Letters Playlist: Tips for writing, editing, and formatting resumes and cover letters, from our Certified Professional Resume Writers.
- Job Interview Questions Playlist: Demonstrations of the best – and worst – ways to answer the most common interview questions.
- Work-from-Home Websites Playlist: Reviews of work-from-home websites, to help jobseekers find legitimate remote opportunities.
- Common Job Applications Playlist: Walk-throughs of how to complete online job applications for companies which we’ve seen clients struggle with in the Career Center.
- Popular Seminars: In addition to the topics mentioned above, we will film seminars such as How to Succeed at a Job Fair, Professionalism and Business Etiquette, Advance Your Career With MOOCs, and more.
We would also love to hear from our clients about what they’d like to see on this channel. If you have an idea for a video, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
So please, check out our YouTube channel, subscribe, and watch some videos! And stay safe while hunkering down at home.
Written by Case Duckworth