If you’ve been thinking of going back to school in order to further your career, but you can’t quite afford it, this program may be perfect for you! EmployBR, in cooperation with the local Workforce Development Area 21, is providing educational scholarships.
What kinds of programs are covered?
- Bachelor’s Degrees in nursing, engineering, elementary education, and speech pathology
- Certificates in business and paralegal studies from LSU
- Trade School Certifications in fields including medical, computers, and CDL
- Skilled Craft Training through Baton Rouge Community College Continuing Education
- Follow the link for the complete list
how do i apply?
- Complete the EmployBR Scholarship Application.
- To qualify, you must be at least 18 years old and a resident of East Baton Rouge Parish.
- Completed applications must be submitted to EmployBR no later than ten (10) business days before training is scheduled to begin and not more than 30 days prior to it beginning.
- You will also have to apply for Federal Financial Aid.
- Submission does NOT guarantee scholarship award.
how do i contact employbr?
- 4523 Plank Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70505 ; (225) 358-4579
- 1991 Wooddale Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA 70806 ; (225) 925-4312
- 1520 Thomas H. Delpit Drive; Baton Rouge, LA 70802; 389-8901
- Or visit their website: http://employbr.businesscatalyst.com/home
Written by Cynthia Payton